FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:25 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I'm wondering how certain vendors are coded in Chase's system and if you can discuss this with Chase?
There's a restaurant near us (should be 3x points). But this restaurant also has a store area where you can purchase their sauces and wines, etc.

My statements show it as a regular store, even when we go to the diner side, so I'm only getting 1x points. Anything I can do?
I don't think there's much you can do.

There's a coffee shop I go to by my house several times a week and it gets get coded as something like general merchandise and not a restaurant but the weird thing is they own another coffee shop a little over a mile away and the purchases at that shop code as a restaurant. Same with food trucks some post as restaurants and some post as other even a lot of the food trucks have restaurants and the purchases at their restaurants. At least they are small purchases and I've never called chase for an adjustment since they are small amounts and just use another credit card now at that coffee shop and on any food truck where I'm not sure how it will post.