FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Sky Club doesn't seem to be very pleasurable experience these days
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:13 pm
jonathanbak

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
The MSP clubs can get bad too, but generally due to overcrowding, not lack of effort by staff. DL should have expanded both locations long ago.

Unfortunately my description of JFK T4 is not an exaggeration. I was there last Saturday and it was bad. No IRROPS, and not a peak travel day. There were no excuses.

I really think that DL should exclude Amex swipes at certain clubs during parts of the day. Namely when the evening international flights are scheduled. Like some PP lounges do. If someone flying on an expensive D1 fare can't find a seat, that's a big problem. At the very least, have a roped off area at JFK T4 and ATL E/F for D1 passengers.
Roping off an area would be a simple thing for them to do, similar to what Centurion lounges do for their Centurion card holders. Although I am sure there are more D1 Passengers then Centurion card holders lol. I personally think though that them opening a dedicated D1 lounge would be the best option, it would also make d1 a more premium product.

I wish delta would add first class though to their international routes to compete with European carriers like lufthansa.