FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:51 pm
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I think I just made a rookie mistake.

Had a lingering credit on a FlexPerks card that redeems on Alaska as a cash ticket. I booked a random ticket today to drain the account, figuring as an MVP Gold I could just deposit it into My Wallet and use it as a credit toward new bookings in the future.

Apparently if you cancel within 24 hours you can't deposit to My Wallet? So now I have the full value of the ticket stuck on the ticket itself. The problem is that I would like to rebook as TWO seats on a different flight (me + companion) and use GGUs.

I can't figure out a way to do that. If I try to simply "change" the ticket with residual value, it won't let me add a second person, and seems to be suggesting if I book a cheaper flight, instead of sending back a travel credit, it will post a refund back to credit card...

Help? I tried calling in but the agent couldn't figure a way to send it to the wallet and didn't really have any other suggestions.