FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requirement to show Bt20,000 in cash when entering Thailand
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:43 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Is this becoming common? I honestly can't say I did last time. I will look harder this time.
I go to Bangkok three or four times a year, stay a week or two and haven't seen them either, although I haven't really looked. I was even around Khoasan Rd several times recently and didn't see them.

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Goodness, wow!
I just realized it was KL. They sat in my row on the plane from BKK. They rode into town with me in my cab. (Too late to deal with the train, which I ordinarily love.) When we pulled up to the Ren they couldn't believe there were two towers. The guard asked for my name, gushed over me because I was still PP and they thought they were in the presence of a rock star. Knowing I had been UGd to a suite (app showed this) with a view of the Tower, they asked if they could see the room. The one kid's mom actually thanked me on FB for giving them a ride. The next morning, they asked if they could come by to shower, so I hid everything in the safe and let them in. Housekeeping came and cleaned once they left, and, honestly, the entertainment I get from their FB posts made it worth it. Plus they told me about some Websites young people know that people my age don't, most of which I use now.