FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA Plans for 767-300 Fleet Retirement?
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:12 pm
BarryAZ

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
OK -- thanks -- yes I meant the 767 -- my bad there. I'd LOVE to see it repqced with the A330.

Regarding the A321 -- I wonder if that would be as bad as what BA and too many other European airlines do with their A321 configurations.

My typical route is to Kona, and frankly, now that AA has upgraded their coach plus jets there, I will put up with the late night flight out to Phoenix.

From Phoenix -- one of my choices is HA to HNL first -- and that would be where I'd love to see the end of the 767.

With the 767 there is that choice between coach plus (which HA calls first class) and coach.

Even with the 321neo they have the premium economy seat with the 4 to 5 inches more leg room and THAT is an improvement over all the 767 coach seats.

On the other hand, next year we have two scheduled 1st class A330 flights from HNL to SYD and then AKL to HNL -- I am very much looking forward to checking out the new configuration there.

Originally Posted by formeraa
If the OP is talking about the 767-300s, then yes they are already being retired. It has been mentioned here that PHX will have the 767s until the last one retires because PHX is the third-party maintenance base for the 767.

That said, we are hoping that PHX-HNL will get the A330 rather than the A321neo. If PHX ends up with the A321, it may be a disappointing downgrade!
Any sense on timing regarding replacement of the 767 on the PHX/HNL route?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 20, 2017 at 6:57 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged