FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:48 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
Make that 3 people interested.

I know in the past I spaced lowering limit, cancelling and applying each on their own day, and it worked fine for my first 2 cards, but it seems some people are now being denied, so I lowered my limit a while back and cancelled a few days ago (which is also getting difficult), now I want to apply again but I am almost to the 6 month point from when I initially applied for the personal card that I just cancelled. Should I wait until 6 months is reached?
We don't know! There are too few people applying for business cards reporting back with detail what happened, and meanwhile BofA is either constantly changing things and/or treating different people differently. So between these two issues we can't figure out specific timings very easily (if at all).

For example, a few posts above Soulag said that BofA claimed to have denied them for a "pattern". Obviously, everyone's pattern will be different, so if BofA is truly looking at patterns, but we don't know how they're looking at them, for each person the results might be different without warning!