FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion upgrade issues including "link" / split PNR for status etc. (master thread)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:45 am
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Interesting. Outbound we cleared at the gate; we were #2 (me, Exec Plat) and #3 (him, no status), with at least a half dozen behind us. Inbound, we cleared together at the Exec Plat 4-day window.

boerne, what you describe also conforms to what has happened to my wilfe (when she was Plat) and me (when I was Exec Plat) traveling together: Upgrade together if in advance, split at the gate. So I don't dispute what you are saying. However, PhxFlyGuy seemed to be asking about the combination status + no status, and since I had a very recent data point (with window and at-gate clears), I thought I should post about that.

I agree that there is something inconsistent about all of this.
I guess what I meant to say is that it appears, in my opinion, hypothetically, trying to put 2+2 together, if in the 4 hour airport control, no status pax on the PNR inherits the higher EXP/PP/P/G without a glitch, but the lower elite status pax on the PNR does not. The fix, as noted in other posts may be to have the GA/AAngel remove the FF number of the lower status pax to reorder the list, then put it back in. And possibly you may have to educate newer GAs etc that such a thing is "doable".