FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2017 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:28 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by thelark
3 weeks ago was flying from EU to US in J (full fare) and decided to try and upgrade to F. Had no status at the time (this segment would complete the platinum fast track for me) and asked at the airport to be put on the list to upgrade with miles (25k). I was first on the list and it cleared a bit before boarding. At the gate the GA confirmed that I was upgrading with miles and I boarded in F. Was actually a fantastic flight, with great service.

As as of now they haven't been pulled. I've received credit for the flight and it shows me in J. How long out does it take to catch up?
Typically the miles are pulled right away as soon as the upgrade clears. So there's a chance something fell through the cracks and you'll get lucky, especially as you didn't get on the list till the airport and it didn't clear till the gate. However there's also a chance that it's just taking AA a while to catch up. There are lots of recent reports about AA audits pulling SWUs for flights that happened months ago.

Also...you will receive credit for the original class of service you paid for (J), not the class of service you upgraded to (F). So that seems ok.