FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:58 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

I wouldn't be surprised to see Delta make changes to the PM waiver in a couple years or increase the required flying to 100K MQM's.
I've long thought that the difference in thresholds for platinum (75,000 MQMs) and diamond (125,000 MQMs) didn't make sense, especially with silver (25,000 MQMs) basically useless.

If Delta is going to fundamentally revamp the program then it might as well change the status tiers to something like:

Silver - 25,000 MQMs
Gold - 50,000 MQMs
Platinum - 100,000 MQMs
Diamond - 150,000 MQMs (or MQDs-based)
360 - MQDs-based

If you needed something between platinum and diamond, especially for those living outside the United States, you could have a "premier" status reserved for those with a genuine residence outside the non-contiguous United States that included global upgrade certificates.

I know three diamonds in Guam. Their biggest complaint is the regional upgrade certificates they get at the platinum level are useless for them as are the complimentary elite upgrades because none of their flights to/from Guam and to/from Tokyo are upgradeable without miles or a global upgrade certificate.