FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current promo point offers
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:45 pm
Mike_P

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
So I just encountered something interesting with my points which I had not come across before.

As we know, Accor sometimes runs concurrent promos.

One main promo at the moment are the 'three stays, 500, 2500, 3000' points promo.
I also was subscribed to a APAC x2 promo.

On my stay early June, I was kicking myself that the stay ended up being counted as the APAC x2 promo instead of the first of the "three stays promo". Yet, I did earn more points on this stay though due to the x2.
But what I was worried about is that I would then have lost out in being one stay short to fulfil the third and final stay.

My next stay was last week, which I booked after the APAC x2 window, but within the "three stays" window. Surprisingly, this stay counted as my "second" stay and I was awarded 2500 points.

So there seems to be truth in the matter that LCAH does not short-change you in your points quest and will figure out what earnings may be best for you according to your booking profile. - I think.
So following on from gilbertaue's post I thought I'd update/share on my own data point.

I signed up to the 3x2 nights = 6000pts offer as well and then signed up for the UK welcome back offer - 1st stay = 500pts; 2nd = 1000pts.

I booked 5 stays of 2nts; 2nts; 1nt; 1nt; 2nts. I have taken the first 4 of 5.

I've been awarded as follows:

Stay 1 = 500 pts (3x2 nts offer)
Stay 2 = 2500 pts (3x2 nts offer)
Stay 3 = 1000 pts (UK welcome back offer)
Stay 4 = 500 pts (UK welcome back offer)
Stay 5 is pending but should get me 3000pts.

​​​​​​The fact that accor recognised that I'd already stayed at least once before my awarding points under the qualifying welcome back reward and awarded me the 1000pts first is most welcome (presuming it was deliberate).