FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:36 pm
dinanm3atl

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdbike
Yesterday I wrote to several top execs at AMEX to convey my intentions with respect to my card loyalty should Delta announce the move to eliminate the $25,000 waiver to qualify for Diamond status in lieu of flying $15,000 worth of MQD's. I got a call about 4 hours later from a number I did not recognize and let it go to VM. I listened to my VM and it was an Exec Secretary or Assistant to the Executive team that wanted me to call back. I did. She was very concerned and alarmed by my email. She said she consulted with their social media dept, fellow colleagues and some Execs and they had not heard anything about this. I explained that this was not an announcement but a rumor at this point, where it came from and how we, as customers of theirs felt about it. She was most interested in that so i gave her the name of several blogs where she could read the comments from their own customers about what all of our intentions are. I said specifically in my email what cards I had with them and where I would be transferring my spend to, (Chase) and implored them to do all they could to help change Delta's position should this rumor come true. I told her that we all vote with our wallets, and she can see how much I spend with them. She understood that my reason for spending all my money with them would go out the window if Delta pulled this move. Her apparent lack of knowledge about this and concern was either the greatest acting job in the world, or was a sad commentary on the communication between Delta and themselves. She was very appreciative of the info I gave regardless of whether it was a rumor or not. It was extremely interesting to talk with her as it showed a level of honesty and customer skill I would like to deal with at any company. But I feel sorry for them if they really did not know anything about this, and it does come true. How much of a partner can they be, if something like this leaked out to the blogosphere and not to the top brass at AMEX first?
Interesting. Could you PM me the email addresses?

And beyond that what are the proper channels to contact Delta?

I know back in the day sites like Consumerist provided the basic info to do an executive email blast(like to Comcast) and that worked well for me in the past with horrible horrible service. Literally had an executives assistant call me to schedule a call with said executive and the problem was fixed and more. Having an account with Comcast for almost 20 years seemed to have some benefit... and now new house they wouldn't price match AT&T on fiber internet and bye bye comcast!