FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CheckMyTrip is having a party
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:28 am
Jase76

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
In December 2015 I had the most bizarre change to a flight from Rio to London. The posted time was 23.50 on the 10th of December. I received an email many weeks in advance to say the time had been changed to 00.10. No big deal, I thought; what's a mere 20 minutes later going to matter on a flight that lasts over 11 hours? When I looked again a few days later it finally dawned on me that the flight had brought forward 23 hours to 00.10 on the 10th of December, rather than moving forward to the 11th. The rigid logic of the automated system was adhering to the date of the flight rather than taking the common-sense approach of putting everyone into the next day, which was only a matter of 20 minutes.

I had to call and request a change for the next day (different date but only 20 minutes later than the original) as I did not have a hotel booked for the additional 23 hours that were being added to my agenda.

I still don't know to this day if any other PAX overlooked this and turned up for a flight that had left 23 hours earlier.
Had exactly the same flight change in Feb 2016 with an Amex 2-4-1 redemption in F. It wasn't until a few days later I looked at MyFlights to update Google Calendar and realised what change had actually been made. Given the number of changes, I suspect there would have been a handful of people who arrived a day late.