FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I keep the Hyatt Visa card?
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:03 pm
Hotel Points Guy

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A night for $75 is well worth it in my eyes.

Originally Posted by mhdena
Seems worth it to me for $75, either as a positioning night near an airport or combined with some points for 2-3 nights somewhere.

I happen to agree with the posters above. I typically use my annual Cat. 1-4 certificate in combination with a points or cash stay, and then for the most expensive night of the stay. I've saved at least $350 the past two years doing this, while paying $150 to Chase in fees.

One stay was at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, where cash rates were north of $200 for the night I used my cert. The other stay was at the Luxor on a Friday night when room rates were pushing $150.

I guess one could say that I netted $200 using the Cat 1-4 certs ($350 hotel savings-$150 in cc fees). I still find good value in the Chase annual certificates and therefore intend to keep the card. And as others have mentioned, it is often not difficult to find a good HR or GH at which to spend the certs.