FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Briggs & Riley Baseline Expandable Domestic Carry On - U122CXSP-4
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:43 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Badenoch
I faced the same issue with carry-on bags until I discovered this method of folding a suit jacket. It works with minimal wrinkling.

http://magazine.brooksbrothers.com/how-to-pack-a-suit/
I do something similar, except I don't turn the jacket inside out and instead of slipping one sleeve into another, after bringing the shoulders together (essentially step 2 in the BB instructions but both shoulders are touching with the center line pushed forward as far as it will go), I bring the sleeve on the bottom up across the sleeve on the top and then try to smooth both sleeves so that they lay flat. I then fold it in half and lay the jacket on top of everything else packed in my bag.

After looking at the BB instructions, though, I am tempted to try to wrap the jacket around my central bundle and then run the pants around the entire bundle. In my current bundling technique, all pants go around the central bundle as the exterior layer. Wrapping the jacket around the bundle should reduce the central crease when folded--at the possible cost of some additional wrinkles across the sleeve.

I've got a trip coming up in a couple of weeks where suits will be necessary so I think I'll give this a try.

Based on my experience, there is no doubt that the BB method or the method I've been using will work better than most of the garment bags incorporated into luggage.