FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC starving AE
Thread: AC starving AE
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:12 am
The smallest state

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Some basic knowledge is required in this thread. No? Or is FT site just like WWE wrestling. Fake and Made up!

You may think there is no value with SE status, but it save me thousands of $ per year. Was it better in the past - Yes. Is it still a good program - Yes.
I agree with the value of SE status. It was better but is still a valuable tool for a frequent flyer.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I don't know what the latest shenanigans are with AE (AP) redemption, but all I have to say is that I am mightily glad I continued to earn, burn, and maximized churn on my AE (AP) points over the past decade.

If people are having issues IKK-ing routes like YYZYVR, then... oy vey.
Great point. The YYZ - YVR run has to be the warning sign, if people are having issues on that one. I also absolutely back your thoughts of to earn, burn, and maximized churn on my AE (AP) points over the past decade.. I have had a few conversations over the years with people talking about their mileage balance like it is a brokerage account. They just want to earn more and more, it's crazy.

(this is a borrowed thought, not an original, some other poster on here brought it up) I think air miles are a lot like a failing African dictators currency. You can have as many as you want but the ability to turn them into actual prosaic, material things are their only value. Devaluation, rule changes, currency manipulation, rapid inflation, complete lack of any federal oversight means that airmiles are worthless as a number.

USE them.