FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:32 am
paulkevin

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Not all roses

I stayed for a week (should have been two) two months ago - sorry this is late I've been 'on the road' since. Booked a standard room; upgraded to exec (Platinum), non-refurbished but very comfortable with twin towers view. Exec lounge was just about to relocate from 4th(?) floor - great staff save an otherwise dour lounge - good decision to renovate, obviously. All good so far.
However was given a connecting room which I didn't even notice when I just crashed on arrival. Why do they do that to single travellers? Lots of noise from neighbours and had to move after a couple of days. Only other rooms available were allegedly next to, underneath or otherwise nearby rooms being renovated from dawn till dusk with plenty of drilling, hammering etc. It was KL marathon weekend so I do believe they were at very high occupancy.
Stuck it for several days as not in the room too much, but decided to move to Hilton Doubletree where I had an excellent upgraded stay (Diamond) for my second week with a fantastic lounge etc.
So not a major issue or complaint on the Pullman; they've obviously got to get on with the upgrades because the place is tired. But the usual observation that you just wish they'd planned some thought and/or warning = communication for impacted guests.
Hopefully the worst is over for any upcoming stays, but worth asking a few questions on booking or check-in to try to avoid my errors.