FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:37 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Well. I am 4.5 driving miles from door to T2, so LAX it is going to be.

Unfortunately, there are lots of destinations that I fly that are only served from JFK -- at least when I flew them: DUB, BRU, ZRH, PRG. And one time I did fly to LHR I routed to JFK so I could arrive at T3 as my traveling companion was flying VS and at that time only JFK and SEA arrived at T3 (and SEA arrived way too late)

Yes, I could double connect thru AMS/CDG but why? (except for the MQMS, maybe or reduced cost). I've been too chicken to try to use a GUC on the KLM LAX-AMS nonstop.

If I am flying to FRA usually try to connect in DTW (or ATL as second), unless the timing or price are better thru JFK.

And if I am flying so I have to double connect, LAX-SEA-AMS-XXX is my preferred choice if using a GUC with PDX/SLC second (have done all three the past 18 months).

I've really only missed two legs between LAX/JFK (one really doesn't count -- I was #2 for 0 two hours before the flight when it went MX and I was put on AF -- I literally was 10 seconds from hitting "request" on Lyft) This goes back to when we got Medallion upgrades on those routes -- I was 100% then.
KLM LAX-AMS always has space to confirm i find. I fly LAX-AMS-JNB because i know it's easy to confirm the GUC.

Its x2 daily on 747s.