FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why I'm switching to IHG (after SPG dies)
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:55 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by robnc35
This week staying at the Conrad and Hilton Sukumvit in Bkk both nice properties. Last year it would have been CP BKK which i still like but with no benefits for being Spire whats the point...
I thought CP's UPG'd to Club access for Spire-at least I have been, though I have never stayed at the CP BKK. I've read that most are UPG's there.

Like I've said before, I've had great luck with UPG's to suites in Thai HI's and HIR's.

The thing I never liked about HH when I was DIA was the properties are pretty bland and usually the Lounge breakfasts was just so-so. Might as well save the money, move downscale a little and eat out. And, generally there's a reasonably priced HIX (cash or award nights) near where I need to be. For example, while I like staying at the IC SF, I usually need to be in the East Bay (and the car parking is outrageous at the IC and surrounding area,) so I'll use the HIX Walnut Creek or CP Concord instead. When they're >$200, good use of points. Plus, in San Clemente, I am there for a week three or four times a year and in high season, very pricy. Planning ahead, I got the HIX SC for 20k per night versus >$200 on the nights it was available.