FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Close connection at ICN
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:41 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Emily Lemmon VanVleet
We are flying from Atlanta to Bali and connecting in ICN from Delta to Korean Air. We'll have just shy of 90 minutes between flights. We are planning to check a bag, but I understand from Delta that if I show my Korean Air ticket in Atlanta we'll be able to check that bag all the way to Bali. I'm trying to figure out how difficult/risky this is. Will we have to clear customs etc in ICN? Any insight would be much appreciated. thanks!
If you're really connecting, it will be a single ticket. Since DL and KE obviously interline, the bag will be checked through. Upon arrival at ICN, you will probably need to change from the satellite terminal that DL uses by little underground train to the main terminal and then go through airport security. Then you should be in the general area of the KE gates for your next flight. If you need a KE boarding pass, there will be transfer desks along the way, but it's easier/faster if you can get the KE boarding pass from DL. IIRC you need a boarding pass to go through their transfer airport security and there can be small lines if you must use one transfer desk in particular.

If you are GM+ on DL, you will have KE lounge access at ICN as well as SkyPriority lines at transfer desks, etc.