FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Osaka or Ritz-Carlton Kyoto
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:42 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Hey folks,

I'm planning an upcoming stay at either the St. Regis Osaka or Ritz-Carlton Kyoto. I was originally planning on the StR, but the RC forum seemed to really enjoy the Kyoto property. My experience with luxury hotels is limited though, so I was hoping to hear from folks with some more experience with me. A few notes that may help in your recommendation:

1. I've spent a night at a Ritz-Carlton before (in Atlanta), but I'm completely new to the St. Regis brand.

2. I've got SPG/Marriott Gold. I'll be staying during the peak season, so I don't expect much in terms of elite recognition (and I know I won't get breakfast at either brand as a gold).

3. I know they're in two different cities, but I'm willing to spend more time in transit if it means a superior hotel experience.

If you've been to either or both properties, or otherwise want to add anything, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
RC Kyoto blows that StR out of the water. The difference is the Japan experience with StR being in the middle of Osaka. A very urban experience. Meanwhile, RC Kyoto is in a quiet part of Kyoto along the river. Still accessible to the shopping and some tourist sites. The service, facilities and outlets are superior at the RC.