FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your 2018 stategy?
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:01 pm
morphogencc

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm based in Boston; my staple route is BOS - LAX and BOS - SFO a couple of times a year and an international flight on a partner, which usually gets me pretty close to MVP by itself. The past few years I've used AA flights to fill in the gaps (I fly to smaller cities around the country a half dozen times a year; mostly commonly MSY, MSP, DEN, MIA, and PHX) and push me over 25k to MVP status; I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.

I'm also a SPG / Amex Plat, so I've been considering whether I should switch to Delta (Crossover Rewards + SkyClub) or United (Silver status via Marriott match). Delta's got the better flight product, but SkyMiles are useless; I like United much less but at least I'll be earning miles that I can use.

Having psuedo-status with American was really the best of all worlds for me, so this new world is killing me

The most likely scenario for me is to fly Alaska + partners whenever possible, and then just be a free agent between Delta / United / JetBlue / Southwest depending on my route and pricing.