FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbnb's sneaky 3% FX fee - deceitful and infuriating, and now unavoidable?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:11 pm
emmanuel_t

Originally Posted by AllieKat
Every network forbids what AirBnB does, at least in principle (they may argue it doesn't go against the letter of the law as they have multiple merchant accounts).

Then again, AirBnB flagrantly violates actual laws relating to hotel accomodation. If they're going to operate illegally why wouldn't they also ignore card network rules? I wish the networks would cut off processing to them but I can't imagine them doing so.

DCC is evil. But in this case it's a relatively minor evil compared to the damage to society AirBnB causes in other ways (raising rents, destroying communities, driving the poorest people to the fringes of society). All I can say is I hope they go out of business soon. The sooner the better.
THANK YOU. Someone finally said it. DC's rent prices are going up and up, and it certainly doesn't help when Airbnb facilitate significant losses in housing supply. They can go to hell for all I care.

I'm just going to leave this PDF here for everyone else: http://dcsharebetter.org/wp-content/...Report_Web.pdf

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Thanks for the editorial. As I long as I get cheap accommodation, I don't care where the poor live.
It must be so great to lack even a shred of empathy for other people.

Last edited by emmanuel_t; Jul 15, 2017 at 6:16 pm