FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW on Skyteam?
Thread: RTW on Skyteam?
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:50 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Although this topic has not been added to in along time I hope it's the best thread for SkyTeam RTW questions.

Is it possible to start/end a RTW route from any city/country? Or does it have to be the home country of the traveller?

I was making routes to not exceed the RTWSKY4 fare level for 1 person in business class to start/end in LHR and is was £5558. Playing around with the SkyTeam RTW Planner it gives the other fare level prices of: RTWSKY3 at £6200, RTWSKY2 at £7065 and RTWSKY1 at £8124. Then I changed the start/end city to others around the world and found the prices to vary considerably, this was written about back in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/3269127-post11.html.

However, the cheapest RTWSKY4 I have found was from Tunisia at £4210. Can this be beaten? Quite a useful start/end city since Tunis is not far from the Alitalia base at Rome.

The route that most interested me as it got to just under 26000 miles and would give me new cities to visit (except for Rome but that's just for flight transfers) was: 1) TUN-ICN (transfer in FCO) on AZ, 2) ICN-SEA on DL but tempted to replace with YVR on KE, 3) SEA-MEX on AM, 4) MEX-SCL on AM, 5) SCL-EZE on AR and 6) EZE-TUN (transfer in FCO) on AZ giving a total of 25576 miles in the RTW Planner. So I assume this route conforms to all the SkyTeam RTW rules.