FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:37 am
stargold

Originally Posted by dldkjones
I was expecting to get the achievement bonus from my 2 stays for completing 3 of 4 offers, and I have done so, but the offer for early stay does not count toward it. It is only for completing all 3 of 3 specific offers: stay once, pay with IHG card and stay 5 nights and I am shown as only having completed 67%. Very deceptive the way it is presented on the offer page. Have others had the same or is it a glitch in how it is presented on the website and I may still earn the achievement bonus? Mine is 26,000 points so pretty large to be losing out on.
I'm pretty sure that early stay bonus has never been part of the "complete x of y offers" threshold bonus in any of the preceding Accelerate promos.

On the Accelerate offer screen, all the achievements (excluding the early stay) are all shaded in grey, and it's fairly obvious to me (at least) that the "complete x of y offers" is only intended to cover those achievements in grey, not the least because the "y" corresponds to the number of grey items on the list.

I do appreciate that it would have been better if the T&C made this clear, but it made sense to me just by looking at it logically.