FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:21 pm
flyerUSA

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
new petty gripe

Last night SFO->JFK there were no frozen yogurt bars. FA said they all melted, were refrozen, and became inedible ice blocks.

Also - got into a fight with some bitter girl behind me in the middle seat, who boarded late, bc I wouldn't take down my backpack to make room for her roll-aboard. (She didn't have to check it. There was room a few cabinets back. And I don't feel guilty for boarding first - as I've earned the right to do - and putting my backpack up so that I can actually have legroom.)

Also - same flight - got into a fight with a consultant type immediately behind me who kept passive-aggressively shoving my seat forward any time I reclined it. Finally turned around to confront the guy and he tried scolding me like a child. "I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear it!" Told me I'd be sorry if my seat reclining caused damage to his laptop. Um, no, buddy. That's not how ANY of this works. (Not a tall person, not a large person, no special needs, he is exactly like me - a normal sized guy who wants to work on the plane.) Why should he get extra room? You want a ton of room? Fly up front. Job won't pay for it? Well neither will mine, life sucks.

Of course the two of them (unrelated as far as I could tell) were feeling quite unified against me.

People have lost their minds.

But I very much appreciate the existence of this thread.