FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:53 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Who buys a seat, let alone 12 seats, three days before departure? I would assume 90% of the passengers on a Sydney flight from the United States, particularly during tourist season, are vacationers on trips planned weeks or months earlier.
Originally Posted by nichojo
It also depends on how the poster was seeing 12 seats open. If he/she was looking at the seat map that would be problem #1 . A lot of times the tickets are sold but seats not assigned, thus the amount of seats is not indicative of the true amount of open inventory.
I verified seat maps and availability. It trickled from 12 to 0 in the span of 3 days. Trust me, it shocked me. Dunno if they were last minute biz travelers, folks that paid up (say for instance they were waiting too for a GUC to clear and said screw it and paid $$). No clue, but it was shocking to me.