FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:07 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
A somewhat belated trip report, but I was on a QR A320 flight in J to MUC last Friday (BA960). The plane was tucked away on the side of T5A and we were bussed to the plane. The seat size made me giggle, it was comparable to an armchair rather than the usual BA flights to Munich with the blocked-off middle seat (first comment I heard from a fellow passenger - "look at those seats, BA should strike more often"). Service was extremely attentive, cabin crew introducing themselves, addressing me by name, they asked for drinks orders before take off and brought it on a tray (I'd have been happy with the trolley). Food was somewhat pathetic BA fare, a sandwich and a cake, but all in all a good experience. Although, on the (BA-operated) return flight they had the little bottles of champagne! Much better than the pour-on-request situation. When I commented on it, the rather sour-faced CC lit up and said that the little bottles were MUCH better and she didn't really understand why they had done away with them.
If I were you, I'd book all my European short haul flights with QR - or even any other airline that offers that service between LHR and MUC.