FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far in advance one should make reservations for Kruger and flights?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:34 pm
invisible

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by RichardAtCT
Leaving from Cape Town, you can do either the Garden Route via the N2, or head in the direction of Namibia on the N7. Lots to see.do on the way if you don't want to go the whole way there.
I never investigated that direction. Could you tell what are highlights there?

I was planning to allocate about 18 days for whole trip: 2 days for VF, and the rest splitted across Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger. How many days the drive towards Namibia will take? I don't want to backtrack.

Originally Posted by RichardAtCT
Leaving from Joburg, the drive to Swaziland is very beautiful, you can also split off and head to Kruger or Mozambique depending on how you are feeling.

Safety wise, as long as you are only stopping in designated areas (petrol stations, small towns etc.), you should have no major concerns RE crime.
Any countries except SA are not an option unfortunately - couple of people in our group do not have visa free entry anywhere in that region and getting visas from South Africa are enough hassle already.

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
RichardAtCT, you mentioned a few places nice to drive to in your post. Can you take a rental car from JNB out of the country?
Drive to Namibia and back on a rental car is a common thing, I was told, however due to insurance requirements rental price doubles.