FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO BART Workers ...
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:57 pm
BigFlyer

Well, I was complaining about the specific lack of help for people at the machines, but since you brought up interactions with people in the booths....

A few years ago I rode BART to the airport, and then took the escalator up to Airtrain. As I had virtually no luggage, I was the first one up the escalator - where there was a BART employee telling people Airtrain was not working. I then went down, as throngs of people were heading up to the non-working Airtrain.

When I got to the booth at the International Terminal end of the platform, in a very friendly voice I asked one of the booth inhabitants why they didn't have someone at the bottom of the escalator telling people Airtrain wasn't working. The response - "we have nothing to do with Airtrain." I continued in a friendly voice saying something along the lines of it is all BART customers who are going up the escalator, so it might be nice to tell them, the booth inhabitant simply repeated "we have nothing to do with Airtrain."

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Use Uber if you've got three pax.

I've had less than adequate interactions with the booth drones at BART. Several years ago, tried to ask the drone which platform I should use for a certain train at Millbrae. He replied, "Well, which one does it look like you should use?", rolling his eyes at me. Things went downhill from there. Another time, tried to ask where to pay for parking, again got attitude. Really annoying given how much they're paid.