FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Flex-Schedule Program,bidding for voluntary bumps & sometimes confirmed rebookings
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:40 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BThumme
I haven't seen this discussed, but this is going to go the way of United not even having to offer a VDB. As the article says, Flying A to B to C, but (A-b or b-c) oversold? Offer them A-C for free.
Honestly, the more I think about this, the less I understand it. UA already has the right to reroute people prior to the day of flight. If they have flight options that work within a narrow window, they can (and do) just move people. In this scenario, most* travelers would be very happy to get the nonstop.

Originally Posted by pinniped
For a long, long time, I've thought (and posted here...somewhere) about this exact concept. I think it's a great idea - a legitimate enhancement that can make every stakeholder happy if it is executed well.
It's unlikely to make me very happy, as I normally find myself at/near the top of the volunteer list, in part because many people don't have the same flexibility day-of-travel that they might have with 4 days' notice.

*'most' and 'most FTers' are two distinct groups.