FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:44 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arunhn
Hi. thanks for the tip. But i live near MCI and getting YYZ is not that easy. I am still waitlisted for the DTW-PVG and PVG-DTW segment of my MCI-DTW-PVG trip.
I did see a few LAX-PVG D1 for about $2600 each way. But that would still come up to over $5000 and don't want to spend that much. I'll wait and see.
Good luck, DTW-PVG is one of the longest flights DL has that I got lucky to get a GUC to clear (LAX-SYD as well both ways).

Originally Posted by bnmusic
Much to my surprise, cleared SYD-LAX at T-4. Took a couple of calls to the DM line because the ticket got held up in the reissuing process, but all is well! Can't believe I actually cleared that route!
Must have had really really light loads. When I was T-3 days there were still 12 seats open, but slowly it all filled up to 0. I got it at the gate when someone didn't show.