FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:14 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by petaluma1
I thought SOP for any kind of an alarm on NOS was a full body grope, which was instituted because screeners have "cognitive burdens" in determining which search to use.

So you are saying although you had all this forbidden matter on you, the machine alarmed only on your right ankle and the small of your back, where nothing was found?
Yes. Furthermore, I know it was a random because I was a full step outside the metal detector before it beeped, long enough that I thought maybe someone had come through behind me. When I was asked to step into the NOS I assumed that it was just as a passage to the area where I would be frisked so I walked completely through without stopping. The screener stopped me and said that I should go back and stand on footprints. All of this time I am taking a mental inventory of everything that will alarm and I am certain the display will light up like the White House Christmas tree. Nope. Ankle and small of back both places where there was nothing to find. The little device for my hearing aids was on a strap under my shirt and sort of looks like a detonator from the movies.

https://www.amazon.com/Hearing-Aid-S...ticon+streamer

I do not travel as much as I used to, but the TSA continues to surprise me.