FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My experience and Questions on obtaining a F reward
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:02 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by MUCDavid
Thank you Saltire74 and thanks for replying. I have read quite a few threads now and am learning alot.

Kinda yes. But I am actually confirmed with a F seat on MUC-DXB already so this is not the problem. It is DXB-BNE where Emirates seems to rarely (possibly never) give awards in first on a 388.

I have tried to stay a night or 2 in DXB but that does not help. The only thing I could do which I am not so excited about is travel on a 777 via SNG ( I think).

Good idea. I will keep that in mind, but the dream is F as I know very well what business is like ^.

Guys and girls there are 2 questions I still have,

Is the expertflyer information correct for availability and rewards?

Is there any historical information on availability and/or rewards?
You can try to start collecting historical data yourself with ExpertFlyer. I did this some time ago. Set up alarms for F award availability on the fight you want to investigate. You are allowed 30 alarms in EF, so set them up for the next 30 days and as time goes on and 'old' alarms expire you can set new ones.
Set up a spreadsheet to show when a certain award became available.
You should get an idea, but it's not foolproof. As a result of my investigation I was relatively certain that space would open up for my fight about 4 days in advance, but it did not materialise.....