FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed 120 day interview window (Global Entry)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:56 pm
1KChinito

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by hotsauce
I'm pretty pissed at myself and realize what I've done is 100% my fault. Please no preaching, I get it.
Here's the synopsis:

Have a NEXUS card, expired on 6/21/2017
Knew my card would expire, so paid $100 for Global Entry renewal in Dec 2016
Received conditional approval Jan 3, 2017

Had some major life stuff go on early 2017 this year, completely spaced the need to schedule an interview. It's July, WAY over the 120 day scheduling requirement and today after getting home from my weekly business trip, I logged into GOES. Oops, I was supposed to schedule an interview like 6 months ago. Damnit...

The Global Entry website Q&A says my $100 payment and application is forfeited...the problem is, the GOES status is just fine and I can schedule an appointment. It says nothing about my conditional approval being void. It lets me schedule an interview and all seems well...but is it?

The earliest interview is Feb 2018. I can drive 6 hours for an interview in 2 weeks, but I'm very hesitant to do so only to be told "sorry, everything's expired and you need to start all over from scratch and pay again, bye."
I read someone in a similar situation, s/he was able to reschedule without an issue.

Also, my trusted traveler number is expired. Will I lose TSA Precheck? I've had it for 5 years now and really hope not, especially if I need to re-start the entire application process. The soonest I'd have Pre-Check back is like March 2018 (!!).
I have also read as long as your renewal is pending, you should be able to keep your Pre-Check.

Will you be traveling to a location with available close-in appointments? If not, here is a thread for Global Entry walk-ins: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
. Washington D.C. seems to be a good choice as well as SFO.

Good luck and please come back and let us know your outcome.