FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Flex-Schedule Program,bidding for voluntary bumps & sometimes confirmed rebookings
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:05 pm
TominLazybrook

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by drewguy
Seems like a good idea . . . this to me is what makes it potentially most appealing:

Much more willing to take a different flight if it means sitting at home an extra few hours rather than sitting at the airport. (And of course it means you could take an earlier flight - not possible if you show up on time for your expected departure).
While I don't ever voluntarily allow myself to be bumped, it would be really nice if they allowed for the 'wait at home' option when faced with lengthy delays. Two months ago, I paid 400 bucks more for a non-stop, then saw that my flight was delayed by 6 hours. I asked UA if I could just show up at the airport at the predicted time and was told....no you need to be at the airport at 7am for your (now) 230pm flight. It was in Houston and if they substituted another plane at some point, I would have been screwed. Ended up eating the 400 bucks and flying in a middle seat using a connection.

It would be nice if they'd try this out for delays too.