FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concierge Lounge Closed due to low Occupancy
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:25 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've reported as bait and switch to State Attorneys General offices in a couple states.
That reminds of the time I *almost* wanted to go Angry Nerd and start writing letters when my "Champagne Package" offering was actually some crappy sparkling wine you'd get at a gas station. (And not one grandfathered in to the "California Champagne" label.)

Originally Posted by hhoope01
2. Marriott really wanted to have these particular hotels under its flag even though the hotel management (for whatever reasons they had) didn't want to provide free breakfast to Gold/Plat elites. Marriott decided it was worth having this hotel without forcing them to provide free breakfast and offering elites a different benefit instead (small amount of points.).
I wish Marriott would call their bluff if this is the case. Hilton doesn't hand out random exemptions like this. I know way less about Hyatt, but I haven't heard their members here on FT talk about it. SPG, pre-merger, had hotels that opted out of promos quite often...but not out of elite benefits at the property.