FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concierge Lounge Closed due to low Occupancy
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:05 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Fred 3
Has anyone ever experienced this before. I checked into a Marriott tonight -- Thursday night, only to be told, sorry, due to low occupancy this week, we have closed the lounge the entire week. I know its 4th of July week, but there are several work days this week, and to close the lounge just seems wrong.

The hotel offered an appetizer and breakfast, but I just found it lame to close the lounge. Am I being unrealistic?

Hotel was Burlington Mass Marriott.
For Michigan hotels:

The flagship Marriott in Livonia closes its lounge Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday. Rooms are not marketed as having lounge access when it's closed. The hotel, however, provides a coupon for a full breakfast buffet (it's decent for a domestic U.S. buffet) and a coupon valued at $12 off any menu item (one per person). Most of the time they won't charge you for a Pepsi out of the gift shop. That's a decent compromise, in my opinion.

By contrast, Marriott in Dearborn, by Greenfield Village, sells "concierge level" rooms for $40 more than a regular room on a weekend, but doesn't open the lounge nor provide anything.

The Marriott in Auburn Hills also sells "M Club lounge access" rooms at the weekend for $20 more than a normal room. While open 24/7 with coffee and pop, sometimes the hotel doesn't offer breakfast in the lounge if occupancy is low. It also never offers any evening services over the weekend even though the room rate description doesn't exclude weekends from the list of what is offered in the M Club.