FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Premier Benefit
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:07 am
Darlox

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
I never get upgraded with Hertz, I was 90% upgraded on Avis ... On Saturday I had a two day rental at BRU which with the UA rate and insurances was 350 euro's
Ha! At least I'm not the only one... I made the hop to Hertz, briefly, too, but almost immediately went back to Avis. Especially for Int'l, the Hertz rates were utter insanity, and most even had limited kilometers.

Funny story about the old Avis perks, though. I too was upgraded virtually all the time, and now that I've switched back, even without the "formal" perks, I still get upgraded ~>50% or so, probably based on my rental volume. But when it first started and I started renting with Avis a lot, I was getting such insane upgrades, that I actually had to occasionally call Avis and get them to add a "do not upgrade" mark to my rental record. I have a few non-profit clients, and I had to do a heck of an explanation once when I rolled up to their offices in this land-yacht of a luxury vehicle (which was, of course, being billed to them -- but only at the Intermediate rate!!)

It was a nice perk, but particularly on teeny-tiny narrow European streets, or when you're working with cash-strapped nonprofit clients, giant luxury vehicles aren't necessarily what you WANT!

But, agreed... the Hertz "benefits" are crap, and not worth even bothering about.