FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amsterdam, Israel, and Paris
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:02 am
greg0ire

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Thank you for the kind words!

Part II: Tel Aviv-Yaffo

Our KLM flight left AMS on time at 9PM and arrived at TLV at 2:30am. The airport was as busy in the middle of the night as most airports might be midday.

We checked into the Sheraton Tel Aviv with points for the night because they allowed a 4pm checkout. We got an upgrade to a suite which we appreciated. Amazing location! The Mediterranean water has a gorgeous light and deep blue. I don't think my iPhone accurately captured the beauty.

Our next few nights were spent at a Penthouse in Yaffo. The location was nice, but it was a pain to go into Tel Aviv. AirBnb can be hit or miss. The penthouse was very nice, but the little things like broken sliding doors became frustrating.

The next day we explored Carmel Market where you can find every kind of food (and every kind of tchotchke) under the sun.

We headed down to Beit Guvrin where we crawled through unexcavated cave systems and dug through ancestral homes. We found pottery and bones (not human) that were thousands of years old.

The next day we took a drive down to Mitzpe Ramon where we went sandsurfing with Dror BaMidbar. It was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint! We snowboarded down sand dunes in the middle of the desert...unreal for us Southern Californians.

My wife (please don't tell her I posted this)

Oldest boy

Sorry we are in the way for this one, but wanted to share the vastness

Carefully drove back to Tel Aviv

While in Tel Aviv, we also visited the Palmach Museum and Ayalon Institute which is a working kibbutz that once housed an underground bullet factory. No exciting pics to share...just more of me and the family.

The truly fascinating and scenic part is up next as we head up the coast to the Golan in
Part III: Northern Israel

Last edited by greg0ire; Jul 12, 2017 at 3:41 pm