FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Liability for items damaged by Cabin Crew
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:21 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by tom139
Not sure I could pull off a Birkin personally They're beautiful but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the view they're unisex yet. It was a family member's bag ^
I had a chap in front of me en route back from NCE a few weeks back who had a Birkin; although he also had on fluffy Gucci loafers with snakes on (I thought they were cool, yet I'm not brave enough to pull that look off).

This thread has brought up a number of very interesting points though. I for one, had no idea that the maximum BA would pay out, was actually as low as it is.

Now, before I get bashed, many of us don't carry around expensive handbags. But, we might carry about an expensive laptop and/or phone. If the crew were to spill a glass of wine, for example, on my laptop, their maximum allowance would just about cover me - but anyone with an Apple laptop (other brands are available), would likely find themselves out of pocket.

M