FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Thought Delta was better than this
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:41 pm
CalVol

Originally Posted by Often1
Of course you're not being "screwed" by the rules. They are contract terms which you choose to accept. Don't like them, purchase a ticket which doesn't have them.

DL offers full F and Y fares which are fully refundable. If you find a better deal somewhere, just cancel for a full refund and purchase the new ticket. No fees, penalties or anything.

I was purchased an "Anytime" (refundable) fare on WN at a time when AA was $190 more expensive. When I got to the airport, on a lark, I checked the AA price just for the heck of it and it had dropped to $30 more expensive, but to a closer airport, DCA rather than BWI. I grabbed the AA ticket, cancelled the WN ticket and I am all set.

If I had purchased one of those discounted WN tickets with a juvenile name, I would have wished that I had saved a bit, but I would not have said that WN "screwed" me.

This is all about people hedging the system, wishing they hadn't and looking to blame someone else.

Who in their right mind would book the discounted ticket if they could get the same benefits as a fully refundable ticket?
I getta kick out of your inability to think beyond a very narrow pov.

Wooosh!