FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:41 am
Gabrca

Membership Year End Stats:

Hi All,

I joined as a London-based member last year on the "Social" Tier which allowed seats only on JetDeals, about 9 months in they kindly upgraded this to Simple for the last 3 months, which allowed 1 token on sub 3 hour shuttles. I spent some time in the US during the membership year as well.

Thought some "year-end" stats would be interesting to some:

* 23 flights taken: 17 JetDeals, 6 Shuttles
* 8 flights as the only passenger on the plane
* 6 flights with every seat taken
* 4 flights on heavy jets, 4 on super-midsize, 5 on midsize, 5 on light, 3 on ultralight, 2 on turboprop
* 583 miles average flight length
* 1940 miles: Los Angeles-Atlanta longest JetDeal flight
* 112 miles: London-Birmingham shortest JetDeal flight
* 30%: JetDeal Cancellation rate (this was about 60% at the start of my membership year, around 15% now)
* Price-Paid for membership: $3900
* Average Cost Per Flight: $169

Over the year I've had my issues with JetSmarter (cancellations, changing T+Cs, dropping operators with no notice), many mentioned on here but at the end of the day I've had some incredible experiences, seen some awesome places, met great people, and it all cost me less than one RT Business Class ticket to the US. So I'm a happy camper with how it all turned out in the past year.

That being said, I'm choosing not to renew. I bought the "social" membership with the idea of being able to take friends and family to cool destinations around Europe. In recent months European JetDeals have been slashed significantly (in terms of number of operators, plane types, and routes), so now it's really only GlobeAir mustangs. While I'm grateful for the upgrade to simple for the last 3 months, I have little need for it, and since I can't bring anyone along, and none of my friends members, I tend to fly commercial anyways.

If they bring back Air Hamburg, I'd sign back up in a heartbeat.