FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Location suggestions for a few days in the US, please?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:18 am
HomerJay

Monument Valley is certainly hot in August, but the most spiritual and breathtaking place. It's Navajo nation, so I would ask around about whether you can use drones. Best photo op ever, but even the rankest of amateurs can't mess up a shot of Mitten Butte. Only drawback is that every shot you take has been taken ten thousand times before - by ten thousand shutterbugs. I haven't been there in twenty years, but the beauty and spirituality of Monument Valley still overwhelms me. I can't describe it, other than to say overwhelming.

Another suggestion is to fly into SLC and take US Route 89 North (or fly into Jackson Hole and take 89). It's the most amazing road that people take for granted. Goes through or just past a number of National Parks, but some of the scenery outside the parks is just as remarkable.

My bucket list includes taking 89 from its beginnings in Arizona on up to Canada. The sky is big out there, the distances are vast, and the land is wondrous.