FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:56 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abcx
To be clear, based on one of the posts above, the CBP did not require this! Not sure why India is making people return for in person interviews...the CBP does one here anyway.
not sure why india has this requirement....the most likely explanation is that it was not thought through & implemented in a hurry....similar to many other decisions this current government has taken....

another reason could be additional revenue for giving clearance....swiss & uk citizens also have to pay their own government to get clearance before their global entry application is considered....even german & mexican citizens have to be cleared by their own police or government before their global entry eligibility is considered, but i don't think they have to pay for the clearance....the only difference between these other countries & india is that all others have a streamlined process that makes it easy for their citizens to go through this process....

india definitely did not think this through....but i'm glad they are looking into it....as time goes on i'm sure the process will become easier....indian citizens living outside the country should not be made to return for police verification....that simply makes no sense....