FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistaken Date on Passport Stamp
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:42 pm
LASNRT

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kshanew
I wouldn't worry about this in the slightest. I have many (maybe dozens) of Schengen stamps that don't correspond..entries with no exits and exits with no corresponding entries. For a while I was entering Schengen through CDG often and I would get an entry stamp < 50% of the time (it happened in other locations as well but CDG was the worse..or best, depending on your perspective). To add another facet, I also have a German entry stamp on a date that does not exist (32nd March)...my favorite stamp.

I've been asked a total of twice out of many many Schengen border crossings about this. Once, when departing Schengen through Iceland I was asked when/where I entered as it wasn't clear from my stamps or their computer. I explained and it was no issue.

Once when entering (either Switzerland or France or Portugal, I can't recall), I was simply asked "where do you live", likely due to the volume of stamps (~200, 3 extra sets of pages from back when that was possible) but my answer (which was a city in the US) was enough and on I went.
Fantastic! Thank you kshanew for taking the time for such a detailed response... I'll tuck the passport away for now until the next adventure