FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, etc. w/ Ultimate Rewards Points, 2014-2017
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:21 pm
matrixwalker2012
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Chase CSR Travel reps clueless

I seem to always get Chase CSR travel reps who don't seem to know what they're doing. I remember calling in to ask about how much it would cost to change my ticket by a few days and the trip put me on hold to "research" it and 30 minutes later came back and said "change fee plus fare difference", without quoting any numbers. I was like "...??? DUH!!!" I then asked what the amounts were and the agent spent another 10 minutes and found the change fee was $100 and neglected to mention what the fare difference was. I then had to push back and ask what the fare difference was when they finally told me.

Next time, I need to make a booking on a multi city ticket with a stopover and the airline's website gave me a quote of $1500 in Premium Economy from Vancouver to SIngapore but I wanted to use my UR points and the Chase portal couldn't seem to come up with the schedule I wanted. I called in and told the agent the exact flight numbers. The agent came back 20 minutes later and quoted me "$8000 USD". And then he said he had to put me in full Y on two of the segments, I told him to try again, and after many attempts, I guess he realized what he did wrong and it came out to $1500.

I then call back a few days later to ask for my ticket number as it's nowhere and Cathay Pacific requires that number to edit some things in my res. The agent has no clue what a ticket number is and tells me to call the airline. I then ask her if she's looking at my booking in a GDS and she said she was. I then told her to look for a 13 digit number but she claimed she didn't have access to it. Finally, I tell her to look for a 13 digit number starting with a 160, and she looks again and she goes: "Ohhh, I had no idea what that thing was!!!"

it just seems like the competence of the folks manning the chase travel desks is just not high at all and I wish I could do more by simply interacting with the website. It seems like every time I need to teach the agent how to do things.