FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:28 pm
cctible

For those of you waiting a long time for a refund, did you receive an email confirmation of the request? Here's my story...

I called the QR priority line on June 6th to talk about options for my flight out of Bahrain. I had looked at canceling on the website, but the refund page was down that day...probably because they were getting slammed with refund requests. By the end of the phone call, I decided to just do a refund rather than rebook. The woman I spoke to said that she went ahead and did it for me, and that the refund was initiated. I asked if there would be an email confirmation, and she said "no," but she promised me that I would receive the refund within 14-28 days. I dutifully waited 27 days before I called in again - this time to the US since I was already in the States at that point. This representative checked my account and said there was no record of me canceling or requesting a refund!!! I was obviously annoyed and concerned that there would be a problem since my outbound flight date had already passed, but she said she would request the refund for me and that it would be ok. (She also asked if I had received an email confirmation the first time - ha!) I received an email almost immediately after she entered the request on July 3rd, and I received a response from QR on the 5th saying they had refunded the full amount, but that it could take up to 28 days to show up on my credit card. I looked again today and the refund is already showing as "pending" on my credit card! So it should be deducted in the next couple days. Yay!

So, if anyone else didn't receive an email confirmation of your original refund request, I would follow up on it to make sure the request actually went through....