FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:38 am
alexteacher

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I just received an e-mail from Best Western, advertising that their 60'000 signup promo is back! Awesome. I think their last "big" signup promo was 80k )or was it 60 as well? I dont trcall)but 60k for a no-fee card is great either way. Not sure if personalized but here's the details:

" • Get 20,000 bonus points†† after your first eligible purchase--that's already enough points for at least ONE FREE NIGHT**
• Spend $1,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening and get an additional 20,000 bonus points†† OR
• Spend $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening and get a total of 60,000 bonus points†"

T&C's say nothing preventin repeat signups, here's the link:
https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationfor...9&locale=en_CA

Just a small note that might help others.

1. I just applied for this card and was denied as I "can't hold two cards of the same product."
2. I actually closed the other Best Western card a few days ago...but
3. MBNA did not close it for me.

The agent informed me that the previous rep refunded a small amount to my bank then forgot to actually close the account.

*credit to her/them for just telling it like it is*

So, I effectively got thwarted in this application.

However, the credit department told me that I would have to wait at least 30 days to reapply anyways, as it "takes 30 days for the (first card) closure to show up on [my] credit report."

I don't know if this is the case, but this is what I was told.

NOTE: When I was able to finally close my original Best Western Rewards card today I was given a confirmation number of 7 digits. I now know to ask for one of these when I close an account in the future.