FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:58 am
maracle

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Here's a strange one. I'm not one to really bother with complaints, though maybe I should. Anyway, last October I was on a flight that was diverted to OKC when DFW closed due to high winds. We landed in Oklahoma City around 7pm and were told that we would continue to Dallas at 11:30pm. They asked if anyone wanted to get off, and since I was going to miss my connection I immediately deplaned, called to be rebooked for the next morning, and spent the night. That flight, from what I could see on flightaware actually did end up arriving in DFW around 1:30 am.

Yesterday I was made aware that there's a way to request a delay letter on aa.com specifically for trip delay insurance claims. I had actually already claimed it last year with screenshots from my phone. But I was curious for future reference what the letter would look like and requested one.

Today I got a reply back with no delay letter. But it did apologize for causing me to stay overnight due to "crew timeout issues", and they gave me 10k miles. I assume compensation is not normally offered for weather...even if weather causes a crew timeout? I don't think the crew timed out anyway.

Pretty strange, but it's the easiest 10k miles I've received considering I didn't ask for any compensation!