FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:48 am
abcx

Originally Posted by Keyser
technically its not a farce or theater....my family & i have had to go through police verification for our passports a bunch of times over the last few years....

the last time both my wife & i renewed our passport we had to go through police verification since our address had changed since our previous passport was issued....when we applied for passports for both our kids we had to go through it again....& then again earlier this week for global entry....

each time we had someone from the police visit & check our documents to verify that we lived at the address we had mentioned in our application....

in my conversation with the head passport officer at the rpo i brought up the police verification bit & he said it was necessary as they receive a number of fraudulent applications daily....mostly from afhgan nationals trying to get an indian passport....so the physical act of visiting the residence of the applicant to verify the details is something they have to do....
For a new passport application I could understand. But the address has already been verified! You already have an Indian passport with that address. And presumably an Adhaar card, a driving license, PAN card, phone bill, etc. which also probably required some proof of address (and presumably they can cross-ref at least some of these databases). How much more proof do they want?!